Persian language, also known by its endonym Farsi, is one of the Iranian languages within the Indo-Iranian branch of the Indo-European language family. It is primarily spoken in Iran, Afghanistan (officially known as Dari) and Tajikistan (officially known as Tajiki), Uzbekistan and some other regions which historically were Persianate societies and considered part of Greater Iran.
There are more than 110 million Persian speakers worldwide, with the language holding official status in Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan. For centuries, Persian has also been a prestigious cultural language in other regions of Western Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia by the various empires based in the regions.
As it is shown in the following figure, there are various countries all over the world in which Persian is spoken from which the following onesare worthy of mentioning:Iran,Afghanistan,Uzbekistan,Tajikistan,Pakistan,Turkey,Iraq,Emirate,Saudi Arabia,Qatar,USA,Canada,Russia,Germany,Australia,United Kingdom,France,Sweden,Japan, andKazakhstan.
The mentioned distribution of Persian-speaking people around the world, reveals a considerable potential for effective cooperation in Persian animation. In this regard, Persian Pavilion will be take place at the World Content Market to provide an opportunity to leverage collaborations in Persian animation.
This year, Persian Animation Pavilion consists of eight Iranian animation studios in the pavilion and four studios for the pitching session of the pavilion, and we hope that we have some studios from other Persian-speaking countries next year. Persian Animation Pavilion will take place in booth 47.
The studios participating in Persian Animation Pavilion are as follows:
- AlzahraVFX (JavadMatouri)
- Eshragh Studio (Ali NooriOskouei&SeyedVahidOlyaee)
- Fanousekhiyal (MohammadmahdiNakhaeirad)
- Foresight Media (Salman Khorshidi)
- Hoorakhsh Studio (SeyedTahaMoghaddampour)
- Hooran Studio (Asghar Safar)
- Ifatasvirariya (ElhamEbrahimi& Hossein Kazemi)
- RahRang Studio (Ali nikoorazm& Hossein Valian)
- Red Deer Studio (Mojtaba Mousavi)
- Royan studio (NaserJahednia)
- Yarmedia (Hamid Reza Izadi)
Persian Animation Pavilion will have four pitches at the WCM’s conference hall on 29th May at 17:00-18:00. Please join us for our presentation session!
Pitching topics are as follows:
- WoolyBooly by RahRang Studio
- Friendies’ Park by Red Deer Studio
- Annie & Manny by Royan studio
- The traveler of the Dyatiyais by Yarmedia
For further information and enquiries as well as meeting arrangement please send an email to us by “email@example.com” or be in contact with Mr. Seyed Hossein Hosseini by phone: +989126002275 (direct call or WhatsApp).